Tickenham Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This is ensured through five key elements:
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
- Ensuring we practice safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse and allegations against teachers and other members of staff
- Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with a Child Protection Plan
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Our 'Information for Visitors' leaflet can be found here.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Liz Lester
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Miss Polly Youngs
Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Clare Shelton
The new Safeguarding children’s board website link is www.northsomersetsafeguarding.co.uk
Please note, this is a work in progress and information is being updated regularly.