The DfE have provided guidance for full opening of schools that includes a requirement ‘Where a class, group or small number of pupils need to self-isolate, or there is a local lockdown requiring pupils to remain at home, we expect schools to have the capacity to offer immediate remote education.’
Full details can be found in:
•Guidance for full opening: schools www.gov.uk
•Actions for schools during the coronavirus outbreak www.gov.uk
The key principles are:
• To ensure consistency in the approach to remote learning across the school so that pupils have access to quality learning experiences.
• Set out expectations and guidance for all members of the school with regards to remote learning.
• Link closely to the work the child would have completed in class and follow the class’ curriculum overview.
• Support effective communication processes between the school and families, facilitating regular contact.
• During a class/ bubble or whole school lockdown there needs to be daily contact to keep learning on track for pupils.
• Identified pieces of work need to be sent in for the teacher to review.
Click here for further Information for Parents